Its that time of year, hopefully your wallet has started to recover from black Friday sales. Those of you with better planning skills would have taken advantage of sales to complete your present shopping. Those of you like me would have only just started or not even that. Maybe you have only just sent out your wishlist to your loved ones. So here is a gift guide for that beauty obsessed person in you life, send it to your friends, family, partner for some ideas, use it for your self or just TREAT YO SELF.
Christmas in the Beauty world is a special time of year, with Christmas inspired collections, limited editions, advent calendars and gift boxes of all of our favorite things.
An easy win straight away is a gift box. Usually with a handful of things, some full size and some mini versions. Does it have something they already like in it? Doesn’t matter, if its something they use all the time its a back up, shows you have been listening when they explain the difference between Lush Body Lotion and Body Conditioners or the latest highlighter. Here are a few out at the moment that I have been eyeing up:
- Lime Crime Velve-Tins $28.00 USD each in 5 different tins HERE
- MAC Nutcracker Sweet Pink Lipstick Set $35.00USD HERE there are heap of different kits in their Holiday collection HERE
- A Wash on the Wild Side Gift Box $36.90 NZD HERE they also have a heap of Christmas collection gift boxes too HERE
- E.L.F. Pout Out Loud Kit $10.00 USD HERE Also a heap of different kits ^_^ HERE
- NYX Prep and Finish Kit $25.00 USD HERE Full range of sets found HERE
- Makeup Revolution 12 days of Christmas $61.38NZD HERE with a full guide to all of their gift sets HERE
- Chi Chi Lip Gloss Set Nudes to Deep Nudes $20.00 AUD HERE other gift sets HERE
- Trilogy Radiance & Recovery gift set with Glycablend $59.99 NZD HERE Trilogy also have some other great gift sets for every type of skin need HERE
- Too Faced Naughty Kisses & Sweet Cheeks $36.oo USD HERE Too Faced always have great Christmas gift sets :3 HERE
If you are a little nervous about buying your beauty nerd something they already have, then Christmas Collections are usually the way to go. These collections are usually Limited Edition or even repackaged favourites with Limited Edition packaging squeee!! Here are some brands with Christmas collections out at the moment (some gift sets/boxes might also appear in the Christmas Collection, extra win!).
- Jeffree Star Cosmetics currently have an awesome range of Christmas inspired Velour Liquid Lipsticks in the shades Checkmate, Chrysanthemum, Designer Blood, Crocodile Tears, Sagittarius, Deceased, and Pumpkin Pie. You can get them seperately or in a bundle HERE
- MAC always has an amazing launch for the Holidays, consisting of kits with beautifully packaged products and new Limited Edition products as well. See the full collection HERE
- Lush’s Christmas collection is always legendary with bath bombs, soaps, scrubs, lotions and more to choose from it is easy to find something for your self and your much loved makeup lover. Check out the selection HERE at the UK store, but check your country’s site as the range just change from coutry to country.
- LORAC’s Rose & Revelry collection is less winter wonderland and more Hollywood Holiday Glam with rose gold and nude shades a theme throughout. Take a look HERE
- Hourglass launched an amazing Limited Edition palette with beautiful blushes, highlighters and bronzers in a marbled case hnnngh check it out HERE
- Essence always has brilliant collections and their holiday, winter wonderland themed collection has some great choices or you can just get all of them. Look at them all HERE
Makeup Brushes are a nice easy gift and no makeup lover can have too many, we hate washing our brushes anyway XD You can buy brushes in a bundle or by themselves. Here are some great brands and some must have brushes you can’t go wrong with.
Bath Bombs are also an easy gift. Many brands do them, Lush bath bombs are super indulgent and come in vibrant bath water changing colours. Bath bombs are a great gift, but make sure the person you are giving it to has a bath 😉 Etsy would be a great place to look for bath bombs 🙂 Follow your nose when picking a bath bomb.
Now skincare is something that can be a little tricky to buy for someone else. The beauty lover in your life has most likely spend forever and far too much money finding the right routine. Do you know what brand, range and exact product they use? Because a back up would be lovely, especially if the product the adore is a little on the pricey end. Not too sure what it is? Ask! You can be sneaky, “Your skin looks amazing! what have you been using?”.
Another safe route is body lotion and hand cream, but unless you know of a favourite brand or product these products usually end up in a drawer or bathroom cupboard for the average beauty lover never used or partially used. if you can find them something you already know they love, or even something you love and wanna share with them go for it!
Picking the Right Colour:
Now if you wanna pick out a lipstick shade or eye shadow shade for your lovely makeup fiend here are a few tips I find help. Is it similar to a shade you have seen them wear? Would you compliment them if you saw them wearing it? Do you really think they would wear it? Be honest with your self, are you picking it cause you would wear it? I know its hard, but keep your lovely person in your mind when you pick the colour.
Now go forth and good luck with your gift buying! It isn’t as scary as you think and any effort you put in will be greatly appreciated my your loved one. If you are a little nervous ask for help and if in doubt, gift cards for any of the above brands or stores 😉
❤ Miss T